Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 22, 2015

US: Ayn Rand’s 108th birthday – I’m with the Rand – by Elizabeth Gettelman

US: Ayn Rand’s 108th birthday – I’m with the Rand – by Elizabeth Gettelman

a1 
Celebrity fans of the cult of selfishness.
Angelina Jolie: “I just think [Ayn Rand] has a very interesting philosophy…You reevaluate your own life and what’s important to you.”
Christina Ricci: “My favorite book is The Fountainhead…I relate to it because of the idea that you’re not a bad person if you don’t love everyone.”
Vince Vaughn: “The last book I read was the book I’ve been rereading most of my life—The Fountainhead.”



Rob Lowe: Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand is a stupendous achievement and I just adore it.”
Eva Mendes: Any potential boyfriend “has to be an Ayn Rand fan.”
Mark Cuban: “I don’t know how many times I have read [The Fountainhead], but it got to the point where I had to stop because I would get too fired up.”
Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.): Recently tweeted, “Still reading Atlas Shrugged, quite the read.”
Hugh Hefner: The Fountainhead “is a compelling tribute to man’s quest for personal freedom.”
Billie Jean King: “Like Dagny Taggart, I had to learn how to be selfish, although selfish has the wrong connotation. As I see it, being selfish is really doing your own thing.”
Jerry Lewis: The Fountainhead is “a very profound book…Makes you think!”
Brad Pitt: The Fountainhead “is so dense and complex, it would have to be a six-hour movie.”
* Elizabeth Gettelman is a former managing editor at Mother Jones. To follow her on Twitter, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment